BA in Psychology - Program Objectives
The program aims at producing research and teaching in high international standarts which equips students with a strong base in psychological knowledge; the study of human mind and behaviour. By adopting an interdisciplinary approach. It introduces students to the contemporary issues and research questions in Psychology that has implications for a variety of disciplines. The program has a strong research-oriented focus; encouraging students to gain first hand research experience by taking part in projects by the faculty members. Such an emphasis on theory and applied skills will provide the necessary foundation for the graduates of this program who can then flexibly choose applied careers in industry and clinical seetings, and/or academic careers in research institutes and universities.
BA in Psychology - Program Outcomes
Common Outcomes of all Bachelor's Programs:
1. Understand the world, their country, their society, as well as themselves and have awareness of ethical problems, social rights, values and responsibility to the self and to others.
2. Understand different disciplines from natural and social sciences to mathematics and art, and develop interdisciplinary approaches in thinking and practice.
3. Think critically, follow innovations and developments in science and technology, demonstrate personal and organizational entrepreneurship and engage in life-long learning in various subjects; have the ability to continue to educate him/herself.
4. Communicate effectively in Turkish and English by oral, written, graphical and technological means.
5. Take individual and team responsibility, function effectively and respectively as an individual and a member or a leader of a team; and have the skills to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
Common Outcomes of all Bachelor of Arts Programs in Social Sciences:
6. Develop knowledge of theories, concepts, and research methods in humanities and social sciences.
7. Assess how global, national and regional developments affect society.
8. Know how to access and evaluate data from various sources of information.
Program Specific Outcomes of Bachelor of Arts in Psychology Program:
9. Develop an interdisciplinary understanding of the workings of human mind and behavior, and use this understanding to advance psychological theory, research and applications.
10. Analyze psychological phenomena critically and provide constructive analysis at the individual and the societal levels, and integrate with the professional life.
11. Consume and provide input for psychological literature by demonstrating proficiency in research design, methods, and statistical analyses, computing skills, and ethical standards; and develop a habit of expressing these with advanced oral and written skills; share in national and international platforms.
MS in Psychology
Common Outcomes of all Master’s Programs:
1. Develop the ability to use critical, analytical, and reflective thinking and reasoning
2. Reflect on social and ethical responsibilities in his/her professional life.
3. Gain experience and confidence in the dissemination of project/research outputs
4. Work responsibly and creatively as an individual or as a member or leader of a team and in multidisciplinary environments.
5. Communicate effectively by oral, written, graphical and technological means and have competency in English.
6. Independently reach and acquire information, and develop appreciation of the need for continuously learning and updating.
Common Outcomes of all Master of Arts / Master of Science Programs in Social Sciences:
7. Develop a thorough knowledge of theories, concepts, and research methods in the field and apply them in research design and data analysis.
8. Assess the impact of the economic, social, and political environment from a global, national and regional level.
9. Know how to access written and visual, primary and secondary sources of information, interpret concepts and data from a variety of sources in developing disciplinary and interdisciplinary analyses.
Program Specific Outcomes of Master of Science in Psychology Program:
10. Characterize the nature of psychology in science and applied settings.
11. Demonstrate psychological literacy and incorporate theoretical, statistical and experimental methods in scientific inquiry.
12. Deepen comprehensive knowledge of psychology’s core foundation content domains, especially of cognitive, social, developmental psychology, and the biological bases of behavior.
13. Formulate plausible psychological explanations for behavioral phenomena and develop scientific hypotheses.
14. Produce innovative and integrative applications to solve problems.
15. Behave and conduct research in accordance with the ethical standards of the discipline.
16. Strengthen personal integrity and developing soft skills such asscientific writing and speaking, effective communication, teamwork, flexibility, and leadership.
17. Exercise values that reflect a commitment to diversity and contribute to society.
18. Apply psychological knowledge and scientific thinking, writing, and speaking skills in professional settings
19. Develop advanced research designs and apply advanced statistical analyses.