BA in Psychology - Program Objectives
The program aims at producing research and teaching in high international standarts which equips students with a strong base in psychological knowledge; the study of human mind and behaviour. By adopting an interdisciplinary approach. It introduces students to the contemporary issues and research questions in Psychology that has implications for a variety of disciplines. The program has a strong research-oriented focus; encouraging students to gain first hand research experience by taking part in projects by the faculty members. Such an emphasis on theory and applied skills will provide the necessary foundation for the graduates of this program who can then flexibly choose applied careers in industry and clinical seetings, and/or academic careers in research institutes and universities.
BA in Psychology - Program Outcomes
Common Outcomes of all Bachelor Programs:
1. Understand the world, their country, their society, as well as themselves and have awareness of ethical problems, social rights, values and responsibility to the self and to others.
2. Understand different disciplines from natural and social sciences to mathematics and art, and develop interdisciplinary approaches in thinking and practice.
3. Think critically, follow innovations and developments in science and technology, demonstrate personal and organizational entrepreneurship and engage in life-long learning in various subjects.
4. Communicate effectively in Turkish and English by oral, written, graphical and technological means.
5. Take individual and team responsibility, function effectively and respectively as an individual and a member or a leader of a team; and have the skills to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
Common Outcomes of all Bachelor of Arts Programs in Social Sciences:
6. Develop knowledge of theories, concepts, and research methods in humanities and social sciences.
7. Assess how global, national and regional developments affect society.
8. Know how to access and evaluate data from various sources of information.
Program Specific Outcomes of Bachelor of Arts in Psychology Program:
9. Develop an interdisciplinary understanding of the workings of human mind and behavior, and use this understanding to advance psychological theory, research and applications.
10. Analyze psychological phenomena critically and provide constructive analysis at the individual and the societal levels, and integrate with the professional life.
11. Consume and provide input for psychological literature by demonstrating proficiency in research design, methods, and statistical analyses, computing skills, and ethical standards; and develop a habit of expressing these with advanced oral and written skills; share in national and international platforms.