*Bu SSS şu anda yalnızca İngilizce olarak mevcuttur, sorularınız varsa Türkçe destek için lütfen program asistanlarıyla iletişime geçiniz.
1. Is the program accepting the applications of candidates from different backgrounds?
Yes, but obviously psychology knowledge will help you on the programme. People with no psychology background at all may be asked to take some extra courses at the beginning of their programme.
2. Is there a minimum undergraduate GPA requirement?
Not a formal one, no. But we expect the programme to be very competitive.
3. I've seen that Research Plan is one of the application requirements. For candidates with different backgrounds like myself, is this requirement still valid? Could you please give some information about the details of the research plan expected?
We don’t have a specific format for this, and we understand that if you’re not a psychology major you might not format your references etc. in quite the right way. We simply want to see how you think, how you write, and what your interests are. Write a few pages of formal English to say what topic you’re planning to study and the current state of the literature, what your hypotheses are, and your plans regarding methodology and analysis.
Please note that your Research Plan is non-binding: you can change your topic when you come to start your thesis. You also do not have to choose your supervisor at the application stage.
4. I have a GMAT score instead of GRE. Is it possible to apply with a GMAT score?
GRE is needed.
5. Will there be an information session about the program?
We are currently discussing this. We will announce it later if we’re able to do one.
6. I’m a SU graduate, do I still need to supply references? Can it be you?
Yes, and yes. It’s a legal requirement to collect equal documentation for all applicants, and allows us to have a more reliable communication amongst ourselves about how good our graduates are!
7. What courses will you open?
All students will take general masters courses on data analysis, trends in psychology, and seminars; then they will take elective courses which fit their track. We are planning to open cognitive track courses on Cognitive Neuroscience; Cognition, Emotion and Psychopathology; EEG Methods and Analysis; Memory and Attention; Culture and Cognition; Visual Cognition; and Language and Communication. The social track is planning to open Social Development, Social Cognition, Personal Relationships, Intergroup Relationships, and Selected Topics in Social Psychology. Again, we may not be able to open all of those. Then you will take your thesis in the second year!
8. Are scholarships available for the Master’s program?
Yes! You may check more details here.
9. What are the application requirements?
Please check the school’s official page here.
10. What are tuition fees?
Please check this webpage, but be aware that full and partial scholarships are available and the tuition fees are subject to change.
11. When will the application system open?
The university plans to open the application system on Monday, March 14, and close it on Wednesday, June 2. All required documents and exam scores should be submitted in the online application. We are also hoping to have interviews on June 25, but that date will be finalized soon and will be announced in the application system!
12. My English is not very good. Can I still apply?
All courses will be taught in English, so if you are really not comfortable with communicating in English, Sabancı might not be the best fit for you. We require the English exam scores, so technically, you can leave the decision to the admission committee too.