|Personal Web :
||PhD. Cognitive Psychology
University of Kent, United Kingdom, March, 2009
Thesis: Attentional Control Theory and Stroop Interference: Selective Attention Deteriorates Under Stress.
Supervisor: Dr Dinkar Sharma
MSc. Cognitive Psychology and Neuropsychology, September 2004 University of Kent, United Kingdom
BSc. Psychology, June 2002
University of Kent, United Kingdom
|Work Experience :
||Associate Professor of Psychology
Sabancı University, Turkey, September 2017 ?
Associate Professor of Psychology
MEF University, Turkey, July 2016 ? September 2017
Assistant Professor of Psychology
MEF University, Turkey, July 2015 ? June 2016
Assistant Professor of Psychology
Işık University, Turkey, September 2010 ? June 2015
|Areas of Interest :
||Cognition and emotion; anxiety; cognitive control; stress; fear; experimental psychopathology
SU Öncesi Yayınları:
- Booth, R. W. (2017). Brief time course of trait anxiety-related attentional bias to fear-conditioned stimuli: Evidence from the dual-RSVP task. Journal of Behavior Therapy and Experimental Psychiatry, 54, 71-76. doi: 10.1016/j.jbtep.2016.06.007 (SSCI, Impact factor = 2.19)
- Peker, M., Booth, R. W. & Dikçe, U. (2017). Muhafazakarlık, kaygı ve tehdit edici uyarıcılara karşı dikkat yanlılığı. Türk Psikoloji Yazıları, Special Issue on Toplum, Kimlik ve Siyaset: Sosyal Psikolojik Yaklaşımlar, 20, 62- 74.
- Booth, R. W., Mackintosh, B., & Sharma, D. (2017). Working memory regulates trait anxiety-related threat processing biases. Emotion, 17, 616- 627. doi: 10.1037/emo0000264 (SSCI, Impact factor = 3.08)
- Booth, R. W., & Peker, M. (2017). State anxiety impairs attentional control when other sources of control are minimal. Cognition and Emotion, 31, 1004- 1011. doi: 10.1080/02699931.2016.1172474 (SSCI, Impact factor = 2.42)
- Peker, M. & Booth, R. W. (2017). Biyoloji, biliş ve siyaset psikolojisi. In Ö. Gümüş (ed.), Siyaset Psikolojisi, Vol II, 1- 50, Nobel Yayınları.
- Booth, R. W., Sharma, D., & Leader, T. I. (2016). The age of anxiety? It depends where you look: Changes in STAI trait anxiety, 1970-2010. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, 51, 193-202. doi: 10.1007/s00127-015-1096-0 (SSCI, Impact factor = 2.51)
- Alabak, M., Peker, M., & Booth, R. W. (2016). Looking good or doing good? Motivations of organisational citizenship behaviour in Turkish versus South Korean collectivists. International Journal of Psychology, 51, 238- 242. doi: 10.1002/ijop.12155 (SSCI, Impact factor = 1.28)
- Booth, R. W., Peker, M., & Oztop, P. (2016). Turkish adaptation of the Fear of Spiders Questionnaire: Reliability and validity in non-clinical samples. Cogent Psychology, 3, 1144250. doi: 10.1080/23311908.2016.1144250
- Peker, M., Gündoğdu, N., & Booth, R. W. (2015). Perceived self-society moral discrepancies predict depression, but not anxiety. Asian Journal of Social Psychology, 18, 337- 342. doi: 10.1111/ajsp.12100 (SSCI, Impact factor = 1.26)
- Booth, R. W. (2014). Involuntary avoidance of threat: Vigilance-avoidance, executive attentional control, inhibition and shifting. Cognition and Emotion, 28, 1465-1473. doi: 10.1080/02699931.2014.882294. (SSCI, Impact factor = 2.42)
- Booth, R. W., Mackintosh, B., Mobini, S., Oztop, P., & Nunn, S. (2014). Cognitive bias modification of attention is less effective under working memory load. Cognitive Therapy and Research, 38, 634-639. doi: 10.1007/s10608-014-9628-6. (SSCI, Impact factor = 2.03)
- Booth, R. W., & Sharma, D. (2014). Working memory load elicits attentional bias to threat. In K. Kaniasty, K. Moore, S. Howard & P. Buchwald (eds), Stress and anxiety: Application to educational, job, health, and traumatic life contexts (pp. 149- 157). Berlin: Logos Verlag.
- Booth, R. W. & Weger, U. W. (2013). The function of regressions in reading: Backward eye movements allow re-reading. Memory & Cognition, 41, 82-97. doi: 10.3758/s13421-012-0244-y. (SSCI, Impact factor = 2.04)
- Peker, M., & Booth, R. W. (2013). Relationships among uncertainty, anxiety, and behavioural inhibition and activation. In K. A. Moore, K. Kaniasty, P. Buchwald, & A. Sesé (eds.), Stress and anxiety: Applications to health and well-being, work stressors, and assessment (pp. 201- 208). Berlin: Logos-Verlag.
- Sharma, D., Booth, R., Brown, R., & Huguet, P. (2010). Exploring the temporal dynamics of social facilitation in the Stroop task. Psychonomic Bulletin and Review, 17, 52-58. doi: 10.758/PBR.17.1.52. (SSCI, Impact factor = 3.08)
- Booth, R., & Sharma, D. (2009). Stress reduces attention to irrelevant information: evidence from the Stroop task. Motivation and Emotion, 33, 412-418. doi: 10.1007/s11031-009-9141-5. (SSCI, Impact factor = 1.61)